Sunday, June 10, 2007

Reflection On Mr.Lesley's Presentation

Mr.Lesly helped me view the military very differently then I did before his presentation. I learned more reasons why an individual would want to join the military such as travel,and learned in depth details about the reasons I already knew such as money. I learned that many people join the military to experience things they could never experience in another line of work. For example,Mr.Lesley shared with us that he has flown helicopters and been in nuclear submarines. Both of these are experiences are ones that are only possible in the military. I also learned what kind of people would be against the draft. He taught us that contrary to belief,the military is actually against the a draft. I learned that when there is a draft, it affects the feeling of unity and sense of community in the military because not everyone has chose to be there. As a result of this,it makes it harder to trust everyone around you and cause you to have less faith that every individual will be there whole-heartily in a time of need. I connected this back to the overall theme of www.goarmy.com ,which is unity, and the belief in an army of one.

-Jessica Miles

No comments: