Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Wildest CAP day

My experience today was wild and fun. It started out by visiting the Israel Embassy . The class met with Colonel Zack's, he told me some interesting things I didn't know at first or I never knew at all. He told us he got four kids, he was force to come to the US for 3 years and that Israel is a small country. I also learn from him that in Israel traditionally boys and girls have to serve two years of the military. Later on during his conversation with us. He gave us some important information like Israel became a state in 1948. I didn't know that Israel sign a peace treaty with Egypt. In the military in Israel you don't get paid you are force to fight for your country. And if you do get paid Mr. Zack said your getting paid less than minimum wages but that's for community services. One of the most important things he said were that if you were to join the military in Israel and you didn't finish High School the military would pay for you to graduate from the military. One quote I remember him saying was that " Being in the military have good affects on society". Overall we had a pretty good day until we went to lunch, when a man left a baby in the car by himself and the car was going backwards. But we did good as a class by noticing that. But overall we had a pretty good day.

No comments: